Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I DID IT

I did it I did it I did it!!


A little tiny bit slower than my best pace, but I hit the 5km under an hour.  Only three weeks to go until the Road2Hope 5K, and I'm super excited.  I'd love it if I can knock a couple more minutes off that total time, but really anything now would be a bonus.

I made a crack last night that "I have three more weeks of training to not embarrass myself at the race", and my Dad said "Just going out there and trying is not embarrassing.  Finishing at all is an accomplishment."  And you know what, he's right.  Three months ago I would have scoffed at finishing 1K, now I run 0.6 without even stopping.  Even if I finish dead last (I really hope I don't finish dead last), I'm way ahead of a million others on their couches.

Yay me!!

Tonight after work I'm going to go out for 42 minutes on the waterfront (6 x 6:1 intervals) and see what happens.  I'm hoping to push my pace today, but it's windy so we'll see.  It's also crazy warm, which is helping me keep my motivation up.  I have to step up my frequency, I think, I really should be keeping to every other day, and I've been taking two day breaks lately (due to schedule).



No comments:

Post a Comment