Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Long run!

I think I'm going to start doing Friday afternoon runs as a semi-regular thing.  I took off work a couple of hours early and headed to the waterfront trail (parked at the War Memorial on Beach Boulevard and aimed south).  It was a gorgeous afternoon.  My goal was 8 intervals (47 minutes as I don't count the last minute) at 5:1 to see what I could accomplish.  I felt really really good!  My hip didn't bother me at all.  I forgot my calf sleeves and my shins whined about it a little bit, but that's ok.


I broke 11 minutes per kilometer for 4.3km!  The Road to Hope 5K has a 1-hour limit to finish and I really really do NOT want to be pulled off the course right at the end.  This tells me that with 4 weeks to go I should totally be able to do it.  I'm so proud of myself.  

I also need to start carrying water.  I was pretty pooped out at the end of my run, and took a nice rest at the war memorial benches for a bit before heading home.




I did a short run (35 minutes, 3.2km, a little bit slower) on a beautiful Sunday morning before the big family Thanksgiving dinner.  Next run (tomorrow) is the switch to 6:1 intervals.  So exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment