Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday afternoon joy

I took two days off after my rainy Thursday morning run, and ran on a glorious perfect autumn Sunday morning.  I felt like I had the whole world to myself.  I was comfortable from the first step to the last, and although it was an incredibly slow pace, even for me, it was a wonderful hour of relaxation and comfort.

I love the fall.  I love where I live.  Look at this, this is within 2km of my home, on a simple bike path through the suburbs:



Such a beautiful place.  I cannot believe I am feeling like this about RUNNING.  How is this possible?  Three months ago it seemed like an unimaginable unattainable goal to be here, doing this already.  But here we are.  I can do it.


Also, do you love my jacket?  I do!  It's thin and incredibly warm, the hood is great (fits well) and the zipper goes down to my belly to open it up when I inevitably get too hot.  I love it!  I'm set for late fall/winter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment