Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Next interval (and insomnia) conquered! And some bitching...

Last night I could not sleep.  That's not that unusual.  A lifetime of wide-awake nights is not going to go away! But when the only time all week you have to run is 5am, it sucks to still be bright eyed at 1:30.  Sure enough, the alarm at 5 was ugly.  I couldn't even figure out how to turn it off.  Ha!  By 5:25 though I pep talked myself out of bed, and was dressed and ready to roll by 5:45...which is way late for someone who needs to make lunches, get clothes and breakfasts and leave the house by 7.  Ah well, self care is important too, right?

So out I went, planning a 34 minute run (5 intervals at 6:1).  It's dark and chilly!  My pace was ok, 11:13, and I ran a comfortable 3.04km.  Which it turns out, on the road route (I didn't feel like wearing a headlamp this morning, so no trail in the pre-dawn hours), is pretty much to just past Corbin's school and back.  I managed to shower, dress, make the kids' lunches (not mine) and get their breakfasts and get out the door by 7:30, which is not that great, so sorry work!  I'll do better on Thursday!  :)  This is the face of someone who really wanted to sleep for two more hours, but decided to get it done instead.


Now for something a little different.  Let's talk about sizing.  This hoodie is a Reebok XL and it's super cute, but it rides up like crazy because it's too narrow for my hips.  My blue Tshirt and green/black long sleeve is a Nike men's XL, which are probably the best-fitting items I own (they are super long).  My black long sleeve is a Columbia Fit XL.  I wear a size 20/22 and an XL in women's plus size.

I ordered a 3XL running vest from CPM and this...this is not a 3XL. This is a sausage casing.  How can plus-sized women enjoy exercise and sweating and getting healthy if they can't find clothes they can move comfortably in?  This actually doesn't look too bad - but if I start running, it'll ride up to be a crop-top vest.  Attractive!  And I can only wear the thinnest of shirts under it.  Oooh, super warm.  And ain't nothin' gettin' in those pockets.


Reebok, Nike, et al - get your shit together.  There are a legion of women out there with extra weight around the hips/chest/belly/everywhere and they ALL. WANT. TO. LOOK. CUTE.  We don't need to be dressed completely in black.  I want some neon, some flash, some zippy stripes.  Hopefully I'll fit into your traditional "active wear" some day, but until then I'd rather not run in a polyester mumu, thanks.

Pants are another story, but at least I have Additionelle for basic black tights that stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment